Norma Audio REVO DAC-1 DA konverter
The Norma REVO DAC-1 represents one of the best expressions of the art of building musically engaging Digital-to-Analog converters. Enrico Rossi has designed this DAC without compromises, resulting in a true destination product that provides the opportunity for optimal listening of high-resolution files.
In recent times we have witnessed the proliferation of DACs for computer-sourced music, designed around the parameters of a computer applied as a transport and the cost reductions demanded by the market has generally resulted in a detriment of the potential sonic performance of high-resolution devices. In this case, Norma has created a ‘universal machine’ which is highly sophisticated in all the aspects relevant to sound quality. You can finally truly appreciate the actual quality of high-resolution files, without the limitations imposed by inadequate implementation.
The Norma REVO DAC-1 offers a complete set of digital inputs, including a full bandwidth USB input (192.0 KHz) as well as 4 x SPDIF inputs, coaxial, optical and XLR. All the features required for an advanced digital source are contained within a single chassis and they are able to meet even the most demanding user’s needs with no limitations, both in terms of versatility as well as listening quality. The same conversion section and the same output stages that made the REVO CDP-1BR such a popular choice among the audiophile community are used in the REVO DAC-1, enabling it to reach the top echelon of performance.
The Norma REVO DAC-1 enables the user to manage and store all digital parameters independently for each input. For instance, it is possible to enable the over-sampling feature at any frequency as the user wishes as well as disable it if undesired. It is also possible to select the Master Clock source between the Low-Jitter local oscillator and the input signal’s one. It is also possible to vary the up-sampling parameters, the digital filter’s response, the absolute phase and the volume of the output signal. All of this can be carried out both via the local controls as well as by remote control.
There are many DACs available in the market today. Most of them are variations of the same mass-produced circuitry that may give you a good, reliable result. Alternatively, the Norma REVO DAC-1 is a made to order, low volume, high quality design that has resulted from 20 years of development by the one designer and hand built by Enrico Rossi himself. Loved by a growing number of audiophiles around the world, the Norma REVO DAC-1 will bring your digital music to life.
- 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL & AES-EBU
- USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth up to 24 Bit / 192kHz
- Possibility to select the oversampling frequency 44.1-48.0-88.2-96.0-176.4-192.0kHz or AUTO
- Possibility to customise for each digital input all parameters, including the value of oversampling
- Possibility to use as the master A/D clock source the local oscillator or the clock form input signal
- Two separate local clock oscillators for the two values: 22MHz / 24MHz (44.1 / 48kHz)
- Local oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase noise
- Possibility to configure one of the 2 RCA inputs as digital output
- Two PCM 1704 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter
- Digital filter x 8 oversampling
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow)
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed schematic topology
- Wide band (>2 MHz) schematic topology
- RCA and Balanced output connection
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors
- 13 separate power supply regulators
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications
- Remote control of all functions
- 75 x 430 x 350 mm