Norma Audio REVO IPA-140 high-end erősítő
The Norma REVO IPA-140 integrated amplifier represents a definitive choice for amplification. Considered the ‘big brother’ of the accomplished IPA-70B, it is easy to think of the IPA-140 as an IPA-70B with more power but this amplifier is the result of an ambitious and uncompromising design brief. It’s a 140W per channel, fully dual mono integrated amplifier, using a sextet of MOSFETs on each side, giving the amplifier a potential burst power of 1.5kW. The amp is essentially two mono blocks sharing a common front panel, sitting in a non-magnetic, solid aluminium chassis. Norma has gone with a high-bandwidth design (>2MHz) and has built it to last with elements like sealed and very long-lasting gold/palladium relays for source switching.
Its power output of 140W/8 Ohm gives it the ability to drive demanding speaker loads and therefore make it an extremely versatile amp. Versatility is enhanced by the ability to customize the input/output connections and to insert Phono Stage MM/MC functionality via the insertion of two boards, one for each channel (dual mono). It also has an optional USB digital input, facilitating a direct connection from a transport or streaming device.
Transparency, timbral neutrality, transient attack, great dynamics yet having the ability of reproducing even the smallest nuances of the musical signal, both at high and low volumes. These characteristics express a lot more than its deliberately compact dimensions would lead you to expect.
The external design of the Norma REVO IPA-140, like many Italian masterpieces, express the synthesis of form & function, technology and aesthetic. As if they were forged by a harmonic dialogue between tense lines and smooth junctions, the shape appears to be relaxed yet at the same time loaded with a strong dynamic charge.
The internal workmanship is extraordinary and highlights a technical refinement that follows the same philosophy. The REVO IPA-140 uses proprietary circuitry, a regulated high-speed power supply, low noise architecture and is built with a careful selection of the best available materials. Norma audio pieces possess a sophistication of sound that is extraordinary at any price, embodying the designer Enrico Rossi’s technical talent and somehow infusing the culture and musical tradition of Cremona.
In audiophile terms, what would be the definition of a ‘giant killer’? Would it perhaps be a high quality product from a lesser known, yet highly respected & established brand that when compared to other-well regarded products costing many multiples more, easily out-performs them in a direct comparison? If this is the gist, the Norma IPA-140 owns that label. Audition and experience why this integrated amplifier has won the hearts of many music lovers around the world.
- Extreme low noise, high speed schematic topology and wide band (>2 MHz).
- High current MOSFET power device (150 A output peak current).
- 12 power devices for a total rated 1,500W power handling capability.
- Separate ground plane power supply for Gain, Driver and Output stage.
- High speed and low noise regulated power supply for gain and driver stage.
- High filtering capacity (70,000 uF) with 24 and low impedance capacitors.
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
- Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow, low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with low output impedance, 2 x 400VA.
- Input configurable as Direct Inputs, for Home Theatre use.
- Outputs configurable as Pre-Out, Active or Passive, for use with Power Amp and/or with Active Subwoofer
- XLR balanced input
- Remote control of all functions with NORMA RC-4 remote control.
- Two-speed volume control (Fine and Fast).
- Available with a PHONO Stage option (high quality phono stage, for MM and MC pick-up).
- Protection for DC signal sensitive speakers.
- Inputs selection by relay with GOLD/PALLADIUM contacts.
- RCA solid core gold-plated plug connector for any signal connections.
- Stand-by mode switches off the microprocessor once the command is executed, so as to cancel any interference towards the analogue signal.
Inputs: 4 RCA, 1 XLR Balanced, optional Phono, 1 USB DAC optional
Input impedance: 47Kohm (not selected input) / 10 Kohm (selected input)
Input Configuration: Phono MM/MC, Line, Direct AV, Balanced
Output Signal: Passive Pre Out , Active Pre Out, Tape out, Subwoofer out
Output Impedance (Pre-Out): 200 ohm
Output Power: 1 Binding Post pairs, accept 4mm banana plugs and fork
Frequency Response: 0 Hz – 1.8 MHz (-3dB, non filtered)
Output Power: 140 W RMS / 8 Ohm – 280 W RMS / 4 Ohm (each channel)
Gain: 34 dB
Configuration: Dual Mono
Circulation: Solid state,
Power devices: MosFet, 3 pairs for each channel
Output current available: 36 A continuous, 150 A peak (per channel)
Ability to filter: 72.000 uF, 12 electrical capacitor for each channel
Electric transformers: 2 toroidal special audio use, 400 VA per channel
Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some country)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 110 x 430 x 365 mm, (excluding feet, knob and rear jacks)
Weight: 25 Kg